In the course of Retrotec’s restoration work, many manufacturing techniques have been perfected along with the acquisition of specialist tooling — some of over 100 years old right up to the most modern machinery.
The following services and parts are available through our associated mail order business Aero Vintage (Spares) Ltd.
- Streamline tubing (Accles & Pollack/Hawker/Reynolds) rolled or drawn to order.
- Tubular Rivets
- Small quantities of tube, sheet, rod and wire in aluminium alloys, specialist steels and varies yellow metals.
- Streamline bracing wires (currently only 5/16” and below)
- Fairey Fasteners (Spitfire, Hurricane etc.) & receptacles
- Mk. IV A Pitot Heads, used on 1st WW to the end of the biplane era.
- Special metal sections and shapes — oval, non-standard round, square and rectangular tubes
- Special sized wire drawing
- Vast stocks of Air Ministry electrical items.
- Reproduction 1st WW Sopwith parts, including the special cowling tube, which Retrotec can provide bent into the round size specified, control column tops, other castings and also reproduction (and sometimes original) 1st WW instruments.
In addition many items are batch manufactured in the process of restoration — Retrotec’s sister company Aero Vintage carries a considerable stock of specific aircraft parts. Please contact us if you have an enquiry.
Click on image for more photos of our products