In the course of restoration various techniques have been perfected along with the acquisition of casting patterns and specialist tooling. The following are available from stock:
- Streamline Tubing (Accles & Pollack/Hawker/Reynolds) sections rolled or drawn to order.
- Tubular Rivets
- Streamline bracing wires (Made to order)
- Fairey Fasteners (Spitfire, Hurricane etc.) & receptacles
- Mk. IV A Pitot Heads, used on 1st WW to the end of the biplane era.
- Special metal sections – oval, non-standard round, square and rectangular tubes
- Vast stocks of Air Ministry electrical (stores ref. 5C/) items.
- Reproduction 1st WW Sopwith parts, including the special cowling tube, which we can provide bent into the round size specified, control column tops, other castings and also reproduction (and sometimes original)1st WW instruments.
- All these and other items will be seen in the forthcoming E-Commerce associated business, Aero Vintage (Spares) Ltd. Watch this space for further developments.
In addition many items are batch manufactured in the process of restoration – we have a considerable stock of specific aircraft parts. Please contact us if you have an enquiry.